Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is happy food, friends. Fresh, crunchy, flavourful, and filling without being heavy, this Greek inspired salsa is full of cucumbers, fire roasted peppers, red onions, garlic stuffed kalamata olives, crumbled feta, lemon and chopped parsley. Dip with pita chips or serve as a salad alongside grilled meat or fish. Opa! I know those garlic stuffed kalamatas can be hard to find, so if you can't lay your hands on them, simply use an equal amount of pitted kalamatas and add a large clove of garlic, peeled and minced, to the recipe. From Foodie with Family.
- 1 seedless cucumber, also known as an English cucumber, diced finely
- 1 fire roasted red pepper, diced finely (from a jar or a freshly roasted pepper, peeled and seeded)
- 1 inch thick slice red onion, minced finely
- 1⁄2 cup garlic stuffed kalamata olive, coarsely chopped (or use kalamata olives with one large garlic clove, peeled and minced)
- 1⁄2 cup feta, crumbles
- 1⁄4 cup packed fresh parsley leaves (flat leaf or curly)
- 1 garlic clove, peeled, minced
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- Finely mince the parsley leaves and add to a mixing bowl with the remaining ingredients.
- Refrigerate, tightly covered, or serve immediately with pita chips or alongside grilled chicken or fish.