Recipe by Chef mariajane
This is a great tasting sauce that is wonderful with angel food cake also, simply delicious!!
- 1⁄4 cup molasses
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 1 teaspoon orange peel, grated
- 1 (11 ounce) can mandarin orange segments, drained
- 1 (8 ounce) can pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 cup green grape, halved
Directions See How It's Made
- In medium aucepan, comvine 1/4 cup molasses, brown sugar, and cornstarch. Mix well., Gradually stir in orange juice. Bring to a boil. Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes or until thickened, stirring constantly. Remove from heat. Add 2 tablespoons butter and orange peel, mix well. Carefully stir in fruit. Serve warm fruit over slices of gingerbread.