Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
This makes a beautiful peach cobbler or whatever your choice of fruit is. It is real easy to make.
- 2 cups sliced fresh fruit
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup oleo
- 3⁄4 cup self-rising flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 3⁄4 cup milk
- ground nutmeg
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Mix sugar and fruit; set aside.
- Put butter in an 11x8x2-1/2 inch baking dish.
- Place baking dish with butter in oven to melt.
- Meanwhile, combine flour and milk and 2 tablespoons sugar; stir till smooth.
- When butter is bubbly, pour flour mixture over melted butter in pan.
- Then spoon the fruit and sugar mixture over the top without stirring into flour mixture (DO NOT STIR FRUIT INTO FLOUR MIXTURE). Spoon over top.
- Sprinkle with nutmeg.
- Bake at 350° for 1 hour or till golden brown.
Wonderful recipe. Made it with fresh peaches and it turned out great. Can't wait to try it with raspberries!
I used peaches in this coobler as well as 2 rhubarb stalks, chopped. The two go very well together, but I did find the dough elasticy and difficult to deal with, and there was way too much butter for my liking. But this did turn out very good. I'm telling you, I just discovered that peaches and rhubarb are great together! That's the truth!