Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is wonder with all kinds of meat dishes. Points 1.
- 1 medium fennel bulb, plus feathery top (10 ozs.)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 sweet onion, cut into thin wedges
- 2 plum tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 pinch fresh ground pepper
- Trim long stalks from fennel down to the bulb.
- Chop and reserve 2 tablespoons of feathery greens from stalks.
- Slice bulb into thin strips.
- Prepare a medium skillet with cooking spray.
- Heat oil in skillet; saute fennel strips and onion until fennel is crisp-tender, about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Stir in tomatoes, salt and pepper.
- Garnish with chopped fennel greens.
We loved this, fennel is a favourite, the addition of the onion and tomatos was a perfect match. We will be making this again, thanks for sharing!