Recipe by tabasco0697
In just a few minutes you can have fresh off the cob, creamed corn. It's much better than canned cream corn and you know exactly what's in it with nothing you can't pronounce
Top Review by babynurse1986
Just made this and it was delicious! I looked at a lot of recipes and choose this one because it looked easy and didn't have a lot of unnecessary ingredients or require a dutch oven. I'm so glad I tried it. This recipe is definitely a keeper!
- 4 ears fresh corn
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 1⁄4 cup whole milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cornstarch (if needed to thicken)
Directions See How It's Made
- Take the husks and silk off the corn.
- Use a large bowl to catch all the kernels and juice from the cobs. Using a very sharp paring knife cut the very tips of the kernels off the cob. Then use a fork to scrape what remains of the kernels plus all the juice.
- Transfer to a saucepan and add the milk, butter, salt. and pepper and heat over medium - medium low heat stirring constantly. Cook for 10 minutes. If it's a little watery add the corn starch to thicken and cook an additional 5 minutes.