Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
In just a few minutes you can have fresh off the cob, creamed corn. It's much better than canned cream corn and you know exactly what's in it with nothing you can't pronounce
- 4 ears fresh corn
- 3 tablespoons salted butter
- 1⁄4 cup whole milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cornstarch (if needed to thicken)
- Take the husks and silk off the corn.
- Use a large bowl to catch all the kernels and juice from the cobs. Using a very sharp paring knife cut the very tips of the kernels off the cob. Then use a fork to scrape what remains of the kernels plus all the juice.
- Transfer to a saucepan and add the milk, butter, salt. and pepper and heat over medium - medium low heat stirring constantly. Cook for 10 minutes. If it's a little watery add the corn starch to thicken and cook an additional 5 minutes.
Just made this and it was delicious! I looked at a lot of recipes and choose this one because it looked easy and didn't have a lot of unnecessary ingredients or require a dutch oven. I'm so glad I tried it. This recipe is definitely a keeper!