Prep 2 mins
Cook 45 mins
This is a wonderful cranberry relish that is somewhat different because of the Nuts added. I get many compliments on this when I make it for the Holidays! I usually double the recipe for larger crowd and then the bake times might be a little longer.
- 1 bag of whole fresh cranberries
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup orange marmalade
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup pecans or 3⁄4 cup walnuts (I toast them in the oven)
- Heat oven to 350 degrees Put cranberries in baking dish and sprinkle with the sugar, cover with aluminum foil and bake for 35 minutes.
- Take out of the oven and mix in the pecans or walnuts and put back into the oven for 10 more minutes.
- Take out and mix in the orange marmalade and the lemon juice and it is ready to serve!
This was so easy to make! It was a big hit at the Thanksgiving dinner I went to yesterday. It has a nice balance of sweetness and tartness. I used a potato masher to mash up the cranberries because not all of them had broken down during the baking process. I used toasted pecans (chopped) in the recipe. I will definitely make this again because I was told to double the recipe next time. lol. Thank you for posting this recipe!
Since I use a lot of cranberries, cutting this recipe in half was no problem at all, & since there were just 2 of us . . . This was another of many test runs with cranberry sauces to see how good they are, & this one works great ~ Great tasting & easy to make! This is good enough for gift-giving as well as serving on any winter holiday table! Thanks for sharing! [Tagged, made & reviewed as part of my Cranberry theme in My-3-Chefs]