1/3 Photos of Fresh Corn Salsa With Grilled Beef Knockwurst
Chef #848413's Note:
Fresh Corn Salsa is infused with several types of roasted peppers, serrano peppers and fresh cilantro. Fresh corn will take on a deep flavor of these peppers as the salsa marinates. Fresh Corn Salsa can be served with all types of meats, poultry, wild game, fresh fish, and shell fish.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ears corn (Fresh Corn)
- 1 red bell pepper (Small Diced)
- 1 orange bell pepper (Small Diced)
- 3 serrano peppers (Small Diced)
- 1/2 cup red onion (Small Diced)
- 3/4 cup cilantro (Minced)
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic clove (Minced)
- 1/3 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fine sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 whole bay leaf
- 4 tablespoons fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons white pepper
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 8 knockwurst (Hebrew Nationa Kosher Beef Knockwursts)
- 1In a large pot of cold water add 3 tablespoons fine sea salt and bring water to a full boil. Cook corn for 5-7 minutes; do not oover cook the corn.
- 2Place corn in a ice bath to cool down for 3-4 minutes. Cut kernels from cobs and place in a bowl.
- 3Roast peppers over an open gas flame for about 5-7 minutes. Place peppers in a brown paper bag and let rest for 5 minutes.
- 4Peel skin from roasted peppers, cut peppers in half and remove seeds. Add diced peppers, red onion, cilantro and garlic to corn.
- 5In a medium saucepan add vinegar, sugar, mustard, bay leaf and whisk. Bring vinegar to a slow boil and reduce sauce by half; about 6-8 minutes. Stir sauce to prevent from burning. Season with sea salt and white pepper. Remove sauce from heat and fold into corn.
- 6Stir olive oil into salsa and cover with plastic. Chill Fresh Corn Salsa for 30 minutes.
- 7Let Corn Salsa come to room temperature before service. Remove Bay Leaf. Reseason to taste with sea salt and fine black pepper.
- 8Grill Jumbo Hebrew National Kosher Beef Knockwursts.
- 9Serve Fresh Corn Salsa over the knockwursts.
Browse Our Top Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Corn Salsa With Grilled Beef Knockwurst
Serving Size: 1 (2250 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 663.8
- Calories from Fat 370
- Total Fat 41.1 g
- Saturated Fat 12.1 g
- Cholesterol 57.6 mg
- Sodium 5590.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.5 g
- Sugars 10.2 g
- Protein 19.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
seasoned rice vinegar