Prep 50 mins
Cook 8 mins
Fresh Corn Salsa is infused with several types of roasted peppers, serrano peppers and fresh cilantro. Fresh corn will take on a deep flavor of these peppers as the salsa marinates. Fresh Corn Salsa can be served with all types of meats, poultry, wild game, fresh fish, and shell fish.
- 8 ears corn (Fresh Corn)
- 1 red bell pepper (Small Diced)
- 1 orange bell pepper (Small Diced)
- 3 serrano peppers (Small Diced)
- 1⁄2 cup red onion (Small Diced)
- 3⁄4 cup cilantro (Minced)
- 1 tablespoon fresh garlic clove (Minced)
- 1⁄3 cup seasoned rice vinegar
- 1 teaspoon fine sugar
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 whole bay leaf
- 4 tablespoons fine sea salt
- 2 tablespoons white pepper
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 8 knockwurst (Hebrew Nationa Kosher Beef Knockwursts)
- In a large pot of cold water add 3 tablespoons fine sea salt and bring water to a full boil. Cook corn for 5-7 minutes; do not oover cook the corn.
- Place corn in a ice bath to cool down for 3-4 minutes. Cut kernels from cobs and place in a bowl.
- Roast peppers over an open gas flame for about 5-7 minutes. Place peppers in a brown paper bag and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Peel skin from roasted peppers, cut peppers in half and remove seeds. Add diced peppers, red onion, cilantro and garlic to corn.
- In a medium saucepan add vinegar, sugar, mustard, bay leaf and whisk. Bring vinegar to a slow boil and reduce sauce by half; about 6-8 minutes. Stir sauce to prevent from burning. Season with sea salt and white pepper. Remove sauce from heat and fold into corn.
- Stir olive oil into salsa and cover with plastic. Chill Fresh Corn Salsa for 30 minutes.
- Let Corn Salsa come to room temperature before service. Remove Bay Leaf. Reseason to taste with sea salt and fine black pepper.
- Grill Jumbo Hebrew National Kosher Beef Knockwursts.
- Serve Fresh Corn Salsa over the knockwursts.