Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Muddled sweet cherries add a burst of bright color to the classic Mexican cocktail. Look for agave nectar at the supermarket near the honey and maple syrup. Recipe is from finecooking.com.
- 12 fresh sweet cherries, pitted
- 1 1⁄4 fluid ounces tequila, preferably blanco 100% agave
- 1 fluid ounce fresh lime juice
- 3⁄4 fluid ounce agave nectar, preferably dark
- 1⁄2 fluid ounce maraschino juice
- 1 fresh sweet cherries, for garnish
- Put the cherries in a cocktail shaker and mash them with a muddler or the end of a wooden spoon until well crushed, about 1 minute. Add the tequila, lime juice, agave nectar, maraschino liqueur, and 8 large ice cubes. Cover the shaker and shake vigorously for 30 seconds. Immediately strain into a rocks glass filled with fresh ice. Garnish with the cherry.