Best Fresh Margaritas by the Pitcher
photo by Probably This
- Ready In:
- 24hrs 10mins
- 4 teaspoons grated fresh lime zest
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lime juice (from 2-3 limes)
- 4 teaspoons grated fresh lemon zest
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice (from 2-3 lemons)
- 1⁄3 cup superfine sugar (more or less to suit your personal taste)
- 1 pinch table salt
- crushed ice
- 1 cup tequila (Preferably Patron)
- 1 cup triple sec
- Combine lime zest and juice, lemon zest and juice sugar, and salt in a large measuring cup; cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate (preferably overnight).
- Divide 1 cup crushed ice between 4 to 6 margarita glasses.
- Strain juice mixture into 1 quart pitcher or cocktail shaker.
- Add Patron tequila, Triple Sec; stir or shake to combine thoroughly.
- Pour over ice; serve immediately and enjoy : ).
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Unfortunately this does not really make a pitcherful of Margaritas. It only serves about 4. It tasted OK, much better than a mix, but when we saw that it wouldn't be enough, we added a can of thawed Bacardi Margarita mix along with a little more than 1/2 can of tequila 1/2 can of Triple Sec. FANTASTIC!!! So much better with these additions. Because these are strong, this quantity was about right for 8 of us. Try this, you won't be disappointed!!!
see 8 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I joined Food.com when the site was RecipeZaar, April 24, 2001. This site has been a favorite with me for many years now with its unique features and especially for the many, many dear friends I have met here. If you are a new visitor, I hope you will stop for a while and check us out. I hope you will find it as special as I have.