Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is a great recipe anytime! You could use other fruit if you are not a cherry lover. Try Fresh Raspberries, Blackberries, Apples. Hey.. try a new fruit every week! Cause it will not last long after you make it. It does need to be cooled.
- 1⁄2 cup butter, soften
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped nuts
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups fresh cherries or 2 cups other fresh fruit
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 cups sugar
- 5 tablespoons cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup water
- whipped topping
- Crust: Mix and pat into a 9x13 pan. Second Layer: Mix sugar, cream cheese, vanilla and 2 eggs.
- Pour onto the crust.
- Cook 15 minutes at 375 degrees. Third Layer: Mix corn starch and water until dissolved.
- Mix in the rest of the ingredients, boil til thickened.
- Spread over the cream cheese layer.
- Cool completely.
- Fourth Layer: Spread on whipped topping of your choice.
- Note: You can drizzle chocolate syrup on the whipped cream for a nice look.
- But it is wonderful just the way it is.
Excellent recipe. I took the advice of the other reviewers and only added 1 cup sugar to the cherry topping (instead of 2 cups) and it turned out great. I also did not have fresh cherries so I used frozen. I will definitely try it with other fruits. I think strawberries and peaches would work well.
It is very sweet, but good. For the crust I substituted oats for the nuts. It worked well. I also subbed flour for cornstarch, and I do not recommend this changed, even though it worked. The topping took on a flour color and the consistency changed. All in all, a good dessert that we will make again. Thanks for sharing!
This was VERY sweet--too sweet for our tastes...couldn't even finish one piece. Also, the cherry filling wasn't especially tasty -- seemed too bland to me but then the type of cherries is not specified in the recipe - so I used a tart pie cherry. If you're into sweet, then this is the recipe for you!