1/5 Photos of Fresh Blueberry Pie
1 hr 30 mins
Capture the fresh taste of blueberries in a pie. This pie will disappear fast--you won't have to worry about what to do with the leftovers
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1preheat oven to 425 degrees f.
- 2for at-least 20 minutes.
- 3Line crust with parchment, fill with dried beans or rice.
- 4Bake for 20 minutes.
- 5Remove from oven, remove parchment/beans, prick bottom with fork, return to oven and bake until golden brown.
- 6Remove from oven let cool on rack for 2 minutes.
- 7Brush entire crust with egg white.
- 8Measure out 1 cup of the softest blueberries and place them in a medium saucepan with 1/2 cup water, cover and bring to a boil.
- 9Meanwhile in a small bowl whisk cornstarch with 2 tablespoons of water until well blended, set aside.
- 10when water and blueberries come to a boil, lower the heat to simmer and stir constantly for 3-4 minutes until the berries start to burst and the juices start to thicken.
- 11While still stirring slowly add the cornstarch, sugar, lemon juice and salt.
- 12Simmer for a minute or so until the mixture becomes translucent.
- 13Remove from heat, gently stir in remaining blueberries.
- 14Spoon into prepared pie crust.
- 15Let sit at room temperature for at least 2 hours before serving with whipped cream.
- 16Store at room temperature for 2 days.
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Blueberry Pie
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 285.5
- Calories from Fat 92
- Total Fat 10.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 192.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 26.5 g
- Protein 3.1 g