1/1 Photo of Fresh Basil Vinaigrette
Galley Wench's Note:
There's nothing better than freshly made salad dressings. This one is from my favorite magazine, Cook's Illustrated. Note: Heating fresh herbs in olive oil creates an herb-infused oil that offers a good foundation for the dressing.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat 1/4 cup oil with 1 cup basil in medium saucepan over medium heat until basil turns bright green and small bubbles appear, 2 to 3 minutes.
- 2Turn off heat and steep 5 minutes.
- 3Process shallot, garlic, vinegar, water, salt, pepper, and mustard in blender until garlic and shallot are finely chopped, about 15 seconds.
- 4With blender running, slowly add remaining oil and steeped basil oil and continue to process until dressing is smooth and emulsified, about 15 seconds.
- 5Pack remaining basil into blender and process until dressing is smooth, about 15 seconds.
- 6Dressing can be refrigerated in airtight container for up to 3 days.
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Basil Vinaigrette
Serving Size: 1 (138 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 960.9
- Calories from Fat 972
- Total Fat 108.1 g
- Saturated Fat 14.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 162.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.4 g