Thai Red Beef Curry for Two
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons red curry paste (to taste)
- 3⁄4 cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 3⁄4 lb flank steak, cut into 2-inch-wide strips with the grain, then sliced across the grain into 1/8-inch-thick slices
- 1 small red bell pepper, stemmed, seeded, and cut into 1/4-inch-wide strips
- 1⁄4 lb sugar snap pea, strings removed
- 1⁄2 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil leaf
- 3 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- Heat oil in 12-inch skillet over medium heat until shimmering.
- Add curry paste and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Whisk in coconut milk, fish sauce, and brown sugar and simmer until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes.
- Add beef and cook until pieces separate and turn firm, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in bell pepper and peas and cook until peas are crisp tender, about 5 minutes.
- Turn off heat, stir in basil and lime juice. Season with salt to taste.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
I really enjoyed this! I used 1/2 lb of sirloin steak, and added thickly sliced red onion and zucchini. I like my food moderately spicy, so I only used 1 teaspoon of curry paste, but next time I'll use 1 1/2. The fish sauce was a touch overpowering for me (but that's personal taste), so I'll start with 2 teaspoons next time and adjust from there. I loved how easy this was to prepare, it made just the right amount for dinner plus leftovers for lunch. Thanks for posting a winner!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside . . . Chardonnay in one hand . . .chocolate in the other; the body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO-HOO, what a ride!!"