I am something of a basil addict, and this salad is the reason. Even if you're tempted, don't use canned or frozen corn - it's just not the same! From Barefoot Contessa.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fill a large bowl with ice water.
- 2Set aside.
- 3Boil the corn in a large pot of salted water for 3-5 minutes, just until it loses its' starchiness.
- 4Drain corn and prevent further cooking by plunging into the bowl of ice water.
- 5When corn has cooled, cut the kernels off the cob.
- 6Toss the cut corn with the onions, vinegar, olive oil, salt and pepper.
- 7Add the fresh basil just before serving.
- 8Serve cold or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Corn Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Basil Corn Salad
Serving Size: 1 (128 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 242.4
- Calories from Fat 111
- Total Fat 12.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 221.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 7.5 g
- Protein 5.4 g