This is a very tasty fresh salad, crisp and tangy! I love this stuff. :)
Make and share this Fresh Balsamic Asparagus Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb baby asparagus
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup loosely packed chopped basil
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese or 2 tablespoons mizithra cheese
- salt, to taste
- Trim the asparagus (keeping the darker green and less fibrous parts) and cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Thinly slice the mushrooms.
- Simmer the asparagus in 1/2 cup of water with a pinch of salt until it is tender (about 10-13 minutes).
- While the asparagus is simmering, whisk the lemon juice, vinegar, Dijon mustard, and garlic together.
- Gradually add the olive oil and then the black pepper.
- Once you have drained the asparagus and let it cool, gently toss it with half of the dressing to coat it well.
- Toss the remaining dressing with the basil and the mushrooms, and sprinkle the mixture over the asparagus.
- Season to taste with salt, garnish with freshly grated Parmesan or Mizithra cheese, and serve.