Prep 5 mins
Cook 13 mins
This is a very tasty fresh salad, crisp and tangy! I love this stuff. :)
- 1 lb baby asparagus
- 4 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar, or more to taste
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup loosely packed chopped basil
- 2 tablespoons grated parmesan cheese or 2 tablespoons mizithra cheese
- salt, to taste
- Trim the asparagus (keeping the darker green and less fibrous parts) and cut into 1-inch pieces.
- Thinly slice the mushrooms.
- Simmer the asparagus in 1/2 cup of water with a pinch of salt until it is tender (about 10-13 minutes).
- While the asparagus is simmering, whisk the lemon juice, vinegar, Dijon mustard, and garlic together.
- Gradually add the olive oil and then the black pepper.
- Once you have drained the asparagus and let it cool, gently toss it with half of the dressing to coat it well.
- Toss the remaining dressing with the basil and the mushrooms, and sprinkle the mixture over the asparagus.
- Season to taste with salt, garnish with freshly grated Parmesan or Mizithra cheese, and serve.
OUTSTANDING!! I roasted the asparagus w/a little olive oil and sea salt (3-5 minutes, depending on size of stalks), then followed the recipe. Wonderful fresh taste. This is a keeper as long as the local asparagus is available.
I have made this a few times and LOVE it! I steam my asparagus a few minutes then cool it down in cold water so it stays nice and green. I also have added some fiddleheads to it..mmmm
This is VERY good! I wanted something a little different than the usual roasted or sauteed asparagus and this was perfect. The flavors were bold, and perfect together, and the dish was simple to prepare. I halved the recipe and made for just two people for 3pts a piece! Not bad at all!