1/2 Photos of Fresh Avocado Dressing for Modern Tastes
Modern food fashion leans toward fresh, clean tastes which do not obscure the main ingredients. With this in mind I created this dressing. I especially did not want to add mayonnaise. An avo dressing can never be thin, but this one is "thinner" than most. It has a very clean and pure avo taste. It's excellent with salads, marvellous with fresh fried fish fillets, as well as with many other simple foods such as potato or fish cakes. Do NOT use those watery avo's: go for a large, perfectly-ripe creamy avo. We have plenty to choose from at the moment, so remember this recipe when your avo season rolls round!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 avocado, large, creamy, perfectly ripe
- 1/3 cup olive oil, fruity (100 ml)
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, freshly squeezed (30 ml)
- 4 teaspoons sugar (20 ml)
- 2 tablespoons low-fat yogurt, plain, low-fat (30 ml)
- 2 tablespoons water (30 ml)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest (from the lemon you're using, 5 ml)
- 1 teaspoon black pepper (5 ml)
- 2 teaspoons flaked sea salt (maybe less for fine salt, 10 ml)
- 5 dashes Tabasco sauce (or any hot sauce to taste, but don't overdo it)
- 1Scoop out the avo flesh into a medium mixing bowl, and whisk to smooth. (You can do all this in a blender as well).
- 2Add all the ingredients as given.
- 3Whisk with a wire whisk, or use a blender.
- 4Taste for seasoning. Do not overdo the pepper taste, as it will spoil the fresh avo taste.
- 5Leave for a while -- 30-60 minutes -- at room temperature for flavour to settle. The lemon juice will prevent discolouring.
- 6Use as a dressing for salads, fish, or as an extra on bruschetta. Whatever. Nice with smoked chicken!
Browse Our Top Salad Dressings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Salad Dressings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Avocado Dressing for Modern Tastes
Serving Size: 1 (384 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 703.6
- Calories from Fat 611
- Total Fat 67.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.6 g
- Cholesterol 1.2 mg
- Sodium 31.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.5 g
- Sugars 14.0 g
- Protein 3.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
flaked sea salt