photo by threeovens
- Ready In:
- 16 baby red potatoes, halved
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup fresh lemon juice, plus
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice (2 lemons)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- 1⁄4 cup fresh basil leaf, chopped
- Place the potatoes, chicken stock, lemon juice, 1 tablespoon olive oil, salt, and pepper in a medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Reduce the heat and simmer until the potatoes are tender, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Drain the potatoes and place in a serving bowl.
- Drizzle with the remaining olive oil.
- Add the lemon zest, salt and pepper to taste, and 3 tablespoons of the basil.
- Toss well and garnish with the remaining chopped basil.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I am an attorney and have been married 25 years. I enjoy cooking and creating good meals, but on weekends only! My favorite cookbook is the Jane Brody Good Food Book, but having said that, I usually find something that I love in most cookbooks! My current passion is adopting favorite recipes and making them healthy and yummy (or just finding great recipes that promote good health!).