Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
Moist and delicious. Add more cinammon if you like.
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 granny smith apples, peeled, cored, chopped
- 3⁄4 cup chopped walnuts or 3⁄4 cup pecans or 3⁄4 cup raisins
- Preheat oven to 350. Generously grease bottom of 9x5 loaf pan.
- Sift together flour, baking powder, salt, and spices. Cream the butter and gradually add the sugar, beating until light and fluffy.
- Beat in eggs one at a time. Slowly mix in flour mixture. Stir in apples and nuts (or raisins).
- Pour into prepared pan and bake at 350 for 50-60 minutes or until bread is nicely browned and springs back when lightly touched in the center.
- Cool 10-15 minutes in the pan before removing. Cool completely on a rack before slicing.
the batter is very dense and I recommend toasting the pecans. The bread is wonderful.
Great quick bread! I used jonagold apples and i was wonderful! HIghly recommended!
I am new to cooking/baking. This recipe was super easy and turns out so yummy with raisins. Very moist. I added brown sugar to the top of the bread the last 15 minutes it was in the oven.