1/2 Photos of Fresh Apple Cake With Caramel Glaze
1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 15 mins
Found this in a Southern cookbook by Miss Edna Lewis and Scott Peacock, and I can't really put how good this tasted into words. I KNOW you folks will like this one.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 1/2 cups vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 fresh apples, peeled and diced in 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 1/4 cups coarsley chopped pecans
- 2 1/4 teaspoons vanilla
- 1Preheat oven to 325.
- 2Put sugars and vegetable oil in a mixing bowl, beat til very well blended.
- 3Add eggs one at a time, mixing well after each egg.
- 4Sift together flour, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt, and gradually stir into sugar and eggs, mixing til just blended.
- 5Stir in apples, pecans, and vanilla.
- 6Pour into buttered and floured 9x13" baking pan, and bake in oven until an inserted toothpick comes out clean (about 1h 15 min.), begin checking after about 50 minutes.
- 7Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- 8While cake is cooling, make glaze, by melting butter in saucepan, add both sugars and salt.
- 9Stir til blended and cook over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- 10Stir in cream, cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- 11Use a skewer or toothpick and poke holes all over top of cake, then pour warm glaze all over surface.
- 12Serve warm or at room temperature.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fresh Apple Cake With Caramel Glaze
Serving Size: 1 (218 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 730.1
- Calories from Fat 401
- Total Fat 44.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.4 g
- Cholesterol 70.2 mg
- Sodium 244.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 80.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.0 g
- Sugars 51.6 g
- Protein 6.3 g