Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A wonderful, moist apple cake from my grandmother Leah's sister, Josephine and needs no icing. Hope you enjoy.
- 946.36 ml golden delicious apples (diced)
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 118.29 ml oil
- 236.59 ml white raisins
- 236.59 ml walnuts (chopped)
- 2 eggs
- 9.85 ml vanilla
- 473.18 ml flour
- 9.85 ml baking soda
- 4.92 ml salt
- 9.85 ml cinnamon
- In large bowl add sugar and apples, mix.
- Add oil, raisins, walnuts and mix.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and mix until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Bake in greased and floured 9 x 13 pan at 325 degrees for one hour.
This cake was very simple to make. It is so flavorful and moist. I did make one sub on the raisins, I only had regular raisins in the house so that is what I used. I will be making this again. Thanks for posting.