Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A wonderful, moist apple cake from my grandmother Leah's sister, Josephine and needs no icing. Hope you enjoy.
- 4 cups golden delicious apples (diced)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 cup white raisins
- 1 cup walnuts (chopped)
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- In large bowl add sugar and apples, mix.
- Add oil, raisins, walnuts and mix.
- Add eggs and vanilla and mix.
- Add flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and mix until all ingredients are incorporated.
- Bake in greased and floured 9 x 13 pan at 325 degrees for one hour.
This cake was very simple to make. It is so flavorful and moist. I did make one sub on the raisins, I only had regular raisins in the house so that is what I used. I will be making this again. Thanks for posting.