Prep 0 mins
Cook 1 hr
very easy apple cake
- 4 cups diced apples (don't dice too fine)
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 1 cup nuts
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Mix apples and sugar together.
- Mix in all other ingredients.
- Put in 9x13 inch greased pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 40-60 minutes or until cake shrinks from edge of pan.
I have made this cake recipe for years. It is excellent and always comes out perfect. I really like the fact that you do not have to peel the apples - just core them. It is so easy and fast. I like the crunchy top which forms, so I do not cover the cake after baking. It never lasts very long at our home. WONDERFUL
I made this tonight for a benefit dinner and THANK GOD I made an extra one for home. It was HORRIBLE. I followed the recipe to a T and the sugar carmelized and turned to a burnt brown goo, well before the flour even bagan to set. My chickens even turned up their beaks at it. I'm sorry to be so critical but YUCK!