Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This simple recipe should be in your Neighborhood Store.
Make and share this Fresh and Easy Aloo Channa Masala Punjabi Style recipe from Food.com.
- 29.58 ml vegetable oil
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 large onion, diced
- 4.92 ml red pepper flakes
- 4.92 ml turmeric
- 4.92 ml ground coriander
- 4.92 ml cumin seed
- 29.58 ml tomato paste
- 946.36 ml apple juice
- 2 large unpeeled potatoes, diced
- 425.24 g can chickpeas, drained
- 14.79 ml brown sugar
- 1 bay leaf
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 1419.54 ml hot cooked rice
- Cook onion and garlic in oil for 3 or 4 minutes. Add pepper flakes and other spices and stir for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Stir in tomato paste and apple juice. Add the potatoes, chickpeas, sugar, bay leaf and lemon juice. Simmer uncovered for 25 to 30 minutes, stirring from time to time. It's done when potatoes are tender and mixture is thickened. Discard bay leaf.
- Serve over rice.