Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
Here's a different twist to your old french toast recipe, and boy, are these good!....kids just love these....and grown-ups too!....great snack or lunch.
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter (optional)
- 4 slices white bread or 4 slices grain bread
- 2 bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 teaspoons butter
- Spread peanut butter (if using) over the bread slices.
- Slice each banana lenghwise into 4 pieces; sandwich between bread slices.
- In a pie plate, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon and salt; add sandwiches turning to soak up mixture.
- In a skillet heat the butter over med-high heat.
- Cook sandwiches for 5 minutes, or until browned on both sides.
I just had breakfast (1/2 recipe) for supper! I made this with whole wheat bread and light cream cheese rather than peanut butter, but didn't taste the cream cheese that much after cooking it. The banana I used had a skin that was spotted but not brown, which turned out to be the exact perfect ripeness for this delicious French toast/sandwich. Definitely going into my Standbys cookbook to make again and again.
Yummy. Used white chocolate peanut butter and really ripe banana. The result was a warm and comforting quick breakfast. Made on my Griddler(TM), a two sided pan that cookes both sides at once (kind of like a foreman grill only better!) Will make this again with nutella or just plain ole peanut butter. Delicious!
I did taste the Peanut butter, this was like stuffed french toast, I did pick it up to eat it, but dipped it in maple syrup. Next time I make this I will use spreadable cream cheese. Thanks Kitten for an easy and good recipe.