Recipe by Kittencal@recipezazz
Here's a different twist to your old french toast recipe, and boy, are these good!....kids just love these....and grown-ups too!....great snack or lunch.
Top Review by echo echo
I just had breakfast (1/2 recipe) for supper! I made this with whole wheat bread and light cream cheese rather than peanut butter, but didn't taste the cream cheese that much after cooking it. The banana I used had a skin that was spotted but not brown, which turned out to be the exact perfect ripeness for this delicious French toast/sandwich. Definitely going into my Standbys cookbook to make again and again.
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter (optional)
- 4 slices white bread or 4 slices grain bread
- 2 bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 3 teaspoons butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Spread peanut butter (if using) over the bread slices.
- Slice each banana lenghwise into 4 pieces; sandwich between bread slices.
- In a pie plate, whisk together the eggs, milk, vanilla, cinnamon and salt; add sandwiches turning to soak up mixture.
- In a skillet heat the butter over med-high heat.
- Cook sandwiches for 5 minutes, or until browned on both sides.