Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich
This is a complicated, but delectable sandwich once you master the technique. ;) *Please note: Make sure you peel the banana before you slice it and put it onto the sandwich. A reviewer was kind enough to point that oversight out to me. Thank you ever so kindly Bruce!! ;) har har
- Ready In:
- 2 pieces bread, toasted
- 1 banana, peeled and sliced into 1/8 inch rounds
- 2 teaspoons butter, for the toast
- peanut butter, approx. 2 knife scoops
- Place bread into toaster (any toaster will do). Once toasted, butter toast then extract peanut butter from jar (any brand will do) and apply onto toast. Then place bananas on top of peanut butter side by side, being careful not to overlap but to make sure the entire toast piece is covered. Lastly, EVER SO CAREFULLY, top with second piece of toast so it is symmetrically secured.
- NOTE: You may need perform this whole application using oven mitts as the toast may be hot.
- OPTION: To make sandwich decorative, slice sandwich in half. Or if you are feeling extra daring that day, slice into fourths! :).
- There you have it folks! A little tricky, but well worth it! ;).
MY PRIVATE NOTES
RECIPE MADE WITH LOVE BY
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
I tried to make this but it ended up a sticky mess. Now, what side of the toast was the peanut butter supposed to be on? The inside or the outside? Maybe that was the problem because the bananas kept falling off of the outside of the toast and the peanut butter stuck to the plate. My toast also wasn't very toasted. When am I supposed to turn on the toaster? Also, the bananas were very tough to chew. It didn't say if I was supposed to peel the bananas or not.Reply