Recipe by Rita~
Heart shaped French toast for two. Filled with Tangy, Sweet Raspberry Jam; Warmth of Almond extract; and the Richness of Cream Cheese and Chocolate. Served on one plate with 2 forks to share with you loved one. These are filling! Bread is your choice I did use whole wheat.
Top Review by Christen Skinner
I used smucker's sugar free strawberry jelly, sara lee brand 'Texas Toast' and I left out the chocolate chips and it was still wonderfully delicious - my husband and our daughter ate it up! The heart shapes were a hit - Great recipe!
- 6 slices bread
- 3 teaspoons raspberry jam
- 3 tablespoons softened cream cheese
- 1 -2 teaspoon mini chocolate chip
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1⁄4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 tablespoon oil
- confectioners' sugar (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- With a heart shape cookie cutter cut 6 slices of bread.
- Spread 1 tablespoon of cheese on 3 of the slices. Sprinkle on the cheese 1/3 of the chips on each pressing in lightly.
- Spread 1 teaspoon raspberry jam on each of the other 3 slices bread. Top these on to the cream cheese halves, pressing together to adhere.
- Mix eggs, milk, extracts, salt, and cinnamon together. Place the sandwiches into the egg mixture and flipping till all is absorbed.
- In a hot pan heat butter and oil. Fry toast till golden brown and flip to finish browning other side.
- Continue cooking stove top or in a 350 degree oven till desired doneness.
- Top with sugar, syrup, and or fresh berries.