24 hrs 20 mins
This is so great for a special breakfast or brunch! COOKS NOTE: Cooking time includes overnight set up for egg mixture.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 baguette, in 1-inch-thick slices
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups half-and-half
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons Grand Marnier (optional)
- 1 large orange, zest of, grated
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- additional maple syrup (optional) or sour cream (optional) or creme fraiche, for serving (optional)
- cooking spray or butter
- 1Butter or lightly spray a 9-by-13-inch baking dish.
- 2In small saucepan, combine corn syrup, maple syrup, butter and brown sugar, and simmer over medium heat, stirring, until smooth.
- 3Pour mixture into prepared baking pan. Place bread slices in one layer in syrup mixture.
- 4In large bowl, whisk together eggs, half-and-half, vanilla, Grand Marnier (if using), orange zest and salt. Pour evenly over bread. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- 5The next day, place oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 350 degrees. While oven preheats, bring baking dish to room temperature.
- 6Bake French toast 45 minutes, or until puffy and golden.
- 7Cut into squares and serve immediately with additional maple syrup, or with a dollop of sour cream or creme fraiche.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for French Toast Creme Brulee, Way Worth the Planning!
Serving Size: 1 (274 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 682.4
- Calories from Fat 286
- Total Fat 31.8 g
- Saturated Fat 17.5 g
- Cholesterol 282.0 mg
- Sodium 786.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 84.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 39.1 g
- Protein 15.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
oranges, zest of