Recipe by Chef mariajane
This delicious breakfast muffin is easy and convenient for weekday mornings. Combine cubed whole wheat bread with evaporated milk, eggs, wild blueberries, cinnamon and vanilla. Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar and bake.
- 1⁄4 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 (370 ml) can Carnation Evaporated Milk (Regular, 2%, or fat-free)
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 8 cups cubed whole wheat bread
- 3⁄4 cup europe's best wild woodland blueberries, frozen
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F Grease or line a 12-cup muffin pan with paper liners.
- Whisk evaporated milk, eggs, water, brown sugar, vanilla extract and cinnamon in a large bowl. Add bread and toss gently to combine until egg mixture is absorbed. Gently fold in berries.
- Divide mixture into prepared pan. Sprinkle with cinnamon-sugar mix.
- Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes or until puffed and golden and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- TIPS: Bake these on the weekend and have them on hand for your busy weekday mornings. Just keep refrigerated or frozen. Simply reheat in the microwave.
- Use any fresh or frozen fruit that you have on hand.