Recipe by Bec
Always a big seller at Betty's Pies restaurant in Duluth, Minnesota. Since this contains uncooked egg ingredients, be sure to keep this pie cold or use within four hours of preparation.
Top Review by buttersmom91
I was expecting a little bit of darker chocolate flavor from this pie. While it was good, I probably wouldn't make it again. Just too darn sweet! Not that that's a terrible thing all the time. Just not my favorite right now.
- 1 (9 inch) baked pie shells
- 1⁄2 lb butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 ounce unsweetened baking chocolate (2 squares)
- 4 extra large eggs
- whipped cream, for topping
Directions See How It's Made
- Whip the powdered sugar, butter and vanilla together for 5 minutes.
- Melt 2 squares of bitter chocolate and add to the sugar, butter mixture and beat for 5 minutes.
- Add 4 eggs, 1 at a time; beat for 5 minutes after each addition.
- After adding the last egg, beat for 8 minutes.
- Pour into a baked pie shells and refrigerate.
- Top with whipped cream.