Prep 35 mins
Cook 15 mins
Always a big seller at Betty's Pies restaurant in Duluth, Minnesota. Since this contains uncooked egg ingredients, be sure to keep this pie cold or use within four hours of preparation.
- 1 (9 inch) baked pie shells
- 1⁄2 lb butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1 ounce unsweetened baking chocolate (2 squares)
- 4 extra large eggs
- whipped cream, for topping
- Whip the powdered sugar, butter and vanilla together for 5 minutes.
- Melt 2 squares of bitter chocolate and add to the sugar, butter mixture and beat for 5 minutes.
- Add 4 eggs, 1 at a time; beat for 5 minutes after each addition.
- After adding the last egg, beat for 8 minutes.
- Pour into a baked pie shells and refrigerate.
- Top with whipped cream.
I was expecting a little bit of darker chocolate flavor from this pie. While it was good, I probably wouldn't make it again. Just too darn sweet! Not that that's a terrible thing all the time. Just not my favorite right now.