- 10 medium potatoes, about 2 pounds
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 dash black pepper
- 1 dash grated nutmeg
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1 1⁄2 cups whipping cream
- 1⁄3 cup milk
Directions See How It's Made
- Peel and slice potatoes thinly.
- Use a food processor if available.
- Lightly grease an ovenproof casserole.
- Layer potato slices in casserole, sprinkling each layer with salt, pepper and nutmeg.
- Press garlic over mixture.
- Add cream and milk.
- You may prepare ahead of time up to this step.
- Bake at 400 degrees F for about 40 minutes, or until potatoes are soft and creamy and golden brown on surface.