Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A good way to use up those last few slices of french bread and turn it into a meal your family will love.
- 1 1⁄2 cups cubed French bread (about 5 slices)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 lbs ground beef or 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped celery
- 1⁄2 cup grated raw carrot
- 1 small onion, grated
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- Combine bread cubes and milk; let stand until milk is absorbed.
- Mix lightly with ground beef, celery, carrot, onion egg, horseradish, salt and pepper.
- Shape into a loaf in a shallow baking pan.
- bake at 350 1 hour or until brown.