Prep 10 mins
Cook 50 mins
I havent tried this yet but think that anything lemon has to be good! It sure sounds like lemony custard...and a keeper!
- 1 (9 inch) unbaked pastry pie crusts
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup light corn syrup
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon peel
- 1⁄3 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- whipping cream
- Line 9-inch pie plate with shell and flute edge.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs well.
- Add corn syrup, lemon peel and juice and melted butter.
- Combine sugar and flour and stir into egg mixture.
- Pour into unbaked pastry shell.
- Bake at 350° for 50 minutes.
- Top with dollops of whipped cream to serve.
This pie is GREAT! I used the zest of an entire medium lemon instead of measuring it, and I made it in a homemade pie crust. This pie was SO easy and tasted excellent. It was the first pie to go and I received many compliments at the 4th of July BBQ I took it to. The baking time and temperature were perfect, and I also made Recipe #340006 to serve with it. I will definitely make this again! Thank you!
Delicious pie, you would keep eating from it! Really easy, but so good. I made it with a homemade pie crust and it was wonderful! It will go in my Favourite Pies Cookbook!