Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Two cheeses, pepperoni, Italian sausage crumbles, olives...a very satisfying and flavorful sandwich.
- 1 loaf French bread (4 x 16-inch)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup shredded provolone cheese
- 1⁄2 cup shredded smoked mozzarella cheese
- 3 ounces pepperoni, diced
- 3 ounces ground Italian sausage, cooked
- 4 ounces fresh tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄2 cup diced onion
- 1⁄2 cup sliced green olives
- 1 teaspoon italian seasoning
- 6 tablespoons pizza sauce
- 2 ounces green peppers, roasted, sliced 1/3-inch thick
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Cut the top quarter from the bread and remove all but a 1/2- to 3/4-inch layer of bread from inside the crust. Place the bread on a baking sheet. Brush the inside with the oil and bake in the oven or broiler until the edges turn golden and the bread dries slightly. This will only take a few minutes.
- Blend the cheeses together in one bowl. In another bowl, combine the sausages, tomatoes, onions, olives, seasonings and three-fourths of the cheese blend.
- Spread the bread with the pizza sauce. Fill the bread with the sausage mixture, and top with the remaining cheese blend and the roasted peppers. Bake for 15 minutes or until the ingredients are heated through.