Recipe by farheen.ansari
This is the result of my own R&D, which is one of the most successful from the rest of the bunch. Flavoring is somewhat traditional Marwari style, but whoever has had it, has loved it. It's very simple, yet yummy.
- 250 g French beans, chopped into half inch pieces
- 2 potatoes, diced
- 1 big onion, Sliced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon hing
- 1 big green chili, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- coriander leaves, finely chopped for garnishing
- 2 tablespoons oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a kadhai/wok.
- Add Asofetida powder and cumin seeds.
- Then add onions and fry till light brown.
- Put turmeric powder, followed by green chilie, Beans and Aalu.
- Add salt. Cover and cook on low flame till the potatoes become tender.
- Then add the garam masala powder, cover n cook for about 2 minutes.
- Finally garnish with coriander leaves and server hot with dal and chapati.