Prep 15 mins
Cook 50 mins
This is a great recipe given to me by my Mother in law. This is my husband's favorite pie and I love making it for him. Even if you don't like raisins too much, they are not overwhelming.
- 2 9 inch pie crusts, unbaked
- 6 granny smith apples, peeled,cored and sliced into 1/8 inch thin (or any tart apples)
- 236.59 ml raisins
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- 177.44-236.59 ml white sugar
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml salt
- 29.58 ml flour or 29.58 ml cornstarch
- 4.92 ml fresh lemon rind
- 236.59 ml confectioners' sugar
- 14.79-29.58 ml milk
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place one crust in a 9 inch pie pan.
- Mix apple slices and raisins and place in pie shell.
- Sprinkle with lemon juice.
- Mix remaining ingredients (not Icing) and sprinkle on top of apples and raisins.
- Dot with butter if desired and place 2nd crust on top.
- Crimp or flute edges as desired.
- Bake at 450 degrees for 10 minutes, then reduce heat to 375 degrees and Bake 40 more minutes.
- When pie is cool, mix the icing and drizzle over the crust.
Wonderful recipe! This cooked up really nice. Thank you!!!
made this several times, everyone loves it. Making it for the holidays everyone wants one
I made this pie with Pillsbury premade crusts and it turned out really well. I used cranberries instead of raisins, but it was pretty tart, so next time I'm going to make it with raisins. I thought it was a little too sweet with the cup of sugar so I recommend using only 3/4 cup.