Recipe by Salt Lake Meal Swapping
Jeanine found this. It is hard to estimate how many meatballs it makes because size can vary. But when you are making them it will feel like millions :-)
- 12 ounces tomato sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry breadcrumbs
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried thyme, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried marjoram, crushed
- 24 ounces prepared beef textured vegetable protein (2 cups dry)
- 4 lbs ground beef
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare TVP according to the package.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine everything but meat.
- Add ground beef and mix well.
- Shape into meatballs (use a small cookie scoop if available) and place on broiler pan so grease can drain while cooking.
- Bake uncovered in a 350-degree oven for 30 minutes.
- Divide into meal-sized portions.
- To prevent from freezing into a solid meatball-mass, flash freeze spread out on cookie sheets in freezer for a few hours.
- Then place in freezer bags.
- Label and freeze.
- To serve meatballs, thaw completely, and reheat with your choice of sauces.