Prep 1 hr
Cook 2 hrs
This is really easy and very good. Another from the borrowed cookbook.
- 4 cups thinly sliced zucchini
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups white vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1⁄2 teaspoon celery seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- Combine zucchini, onion and salt in large bowl.
- Toss to mix and set aside for at least 2 hours.
- Drain but do not rinse.
- In non-reactive pan, combine vinegar, sugar, turmeric, celery seed, and pepper.
- Heat just enough to dissolve sugar.
- Pour over zucchini mixture. Toss to mix.
- Pack into freezer containers.
- Freeze up to 6 months.
I made this during the summer and forgot to review it. I love these pickles.They are fast easy crunchy and very tasty.Great for just the 2 of us. Thanks for posting it School Cooker
Yummy pickles! I halved the recipe and these won't make it to the freezer. I'm gonna eat them all! Thank you luv!