Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs 15 mins
A yummy desert for the freezer.
Make and share this Freeze Ahead Oreo Cheesecake recipe from Food.com.
- Allow cream cheese, eggs and sour cream to come to room temperature. Preheat oven to 325 degrees.
- In medium bowl, combine butter and cookie crumbs. Press evenly into the bottom of a greased 10" springform pan to form the bottom crust; set aside.
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Beat in sugar and eggs.
- Stir in sour cream, flour, vanilla, and salt. Fold in 5 chopped cookies.
- Pour mixture into springform pan; top with remaining chopped cookies.
- Bake on the top rack of a 325 degree oven for 1 hour and 15 minutes. Turn off the oven, prop the door open several inches, and allow cake rest in oven for 1 hour.
- Remove cheesecake from oven and allow to cool completely.
- Remove the outer rim (sides) of the springform pan, leaving the cheesecake sitting on the bottom of the pan. Wrap the cheesecake (with the bottom of the pan) with several layers of plastic wrap and then a layer over the outside with aluminum foil. Freeze completely.
- Allow cheesecake to defrost overnight in the refrigerator. When partially thawed, unwrap and transfer it from the springform pan bottom onto the serving plate.