Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is something you can whip up quickly for lunch or a week night. Recipe courtesy of Taste of Home Fast with Fixes Mixes. Good stuff. I left out the brown sugar (personal preference--don't like sweet food). I also put my corn bread on the bottom instead of spoonfuls on top. Then I put my cheese on top instead of mixing into the corn bread. In addition, I added a can of corn to the bean mixture (recipe is posted as written).
- 32 ounces pork and beans
- 12 ounces hot dogs, halved lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons prepared mustard
- 8 1⁄2 ounces cornbread mix (or muffin mix)
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a large bowl, combine pork and beans with hot dogs, brown sugar, Worcestershire sauce, and prepared mustard.
- Mix well and transfer to a greased 9x2 inch square baking dish.
- Prepare corn bread mix according to package directions (generally by adding 1 egg and 1/3 cup of milk to mixture and stirring).
- Stir in cheese.
- Drop by spoonfuls onto bean mixture and bake uncovered at 350 for 40 to 45 minutes or until heated through.