echo echo's Note:
The coolness of the yogurt complements the spiciness of this dish nicely.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 inches piece fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 2 lbs chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, partially thawed
- 1/4 cup raisins, soaked in warm water and drained (regular or golden)
- 3 -4 cups warm cooked jasmine rice
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 1Coarsely process the 1st nine ingredients (onion through salt) with 2 Tbsp water in a blender or food processor.
- 2In a 12-inch skillet or sauté pan, saute sliced onion in oil over medium high heat until onion turns golden.
- 3Reduce heat to medium-low, add processed onion-seasonings mixture to pan and saute about 4 minutes, stirring constantly, scraping pan often to prevent from sticking and burning.
- 4Add chicken to pan, tossing to coat thoroughly, then add tomatoes, peas and 1/3 cup water.
- 5Increase heat to medium, cover pan, and let simmer 25 min; uncover and continue to cook until sauce is thickened and chicken is very tender.
- 6Fold in raisins and continue to cook just long enough to heat through.
- 7Spread a bed of rice on each of 4 plates or shallow bowls, pile chicken and sauce over rice, then spoon yogurt over the top.
Browse Our Top Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Thigh & Leg Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Fragrant Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (605 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 834.2
- Calories from Fat 411
- Total Fat 45.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.4 g
- Cholesterol 191.0 mg
- Sodium 623.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 15.1 g
- Protein 47.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: