Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
The coolness of the yogurt complements the spiciness of this dish nicely.
Make and share this Fragrant Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 2 jalapeno peppers, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 inches piece fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 medium onion, sliced and separated into rings
- 2 lbs chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (10 ounce) package frozen peas, partially thawed
- 1⁄4 cup raisins, soaked in warm water and drained (regular or golden)
- 3 -4 cups warm cooked jasmine rice
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- Coarsely process the 1st nine ingredients (onion through salt) with 2 Tbsp water in a blender or food processor.
- In a 12-inch skillet or sauté pan, saute sliced onion in oil over medium high heat until onion turns golden.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, add processed onion-seasonings mixture to pan and saute about 4 minutes, stirring constantly, scraping pan often to prevent from sticking and burning.
- Add chicken to pan, tossing to coat thoroughly, then add tomatoes, peas and 1/3 cup water.
- Increase heat to medium, cover pan, and let simmer 25 min; uncover and continue to cook until sauce is thickened and chicken is very tender.
- Fold in raisins and continue to cook just long enough to heat through.
- Spread a bed of rice on each of 4 plates or shallow bowls, pile chicken and sauce over rice, then spoon yogurt over the top.