Recipe by NeroG
A delicious grilled cheese sandwich I happened upon randomly. Since this recipe calls for a wider than usual selection of cheese that may exist in a normal household, it's recommended that you purchase a cheese slice assortment. Wouldn't recommend this for kids unless your child likes real cheese, which in my personal experience, is not usually the case.
Top Review by Muffin Goddess
Can't go wrong with grilled cheese sandwiches! I typically make grilled cheese with three slices of cheese, so I would probably omit the Swiss cheese when making it again (my least favorite cheese out of the combo in this sandwich). The seasoned caramelized onion was a great addition to the cheese, and would be great on burgers as well. Thanks for posting! Made for PAC Fall 2012.
- 2 slices white bread
- 1 slice colby-monterey jack cheese
- 1 slice cheddar cheese (sharp, medium, mild, etc)
- 1 slice swiss cheese
- 1 slice American cheese (as in processed, hardly cheese at all, mostly oil, cheese)
- 1 -2 tablespoon diced onion (red or white)
- 3 dashes garlic powder
- 5 dashes Worcestershire sauce
- 4 dashes liquid smoke
- 1 dash fresh ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (add as needed or desired)
Directions See How It's Made
- Take a frying pan, add the diced onions and olive oil.
- Set burner to medium-high.
- Add in Worcestershire sauce, liquid smoke before onions start to sizzle.
- Add in garlic powder and black pepper once onions begin to sizzle.
- Stir frequently.
- Fry until evenly browned.
- Set aside onions.
- Take white bread, lay all cheese slices in an order of your choosing, add onions on top, put on top slice of bread.
- Re-oil pan if necessary.
- on low heat, toast each side of the sandwich until desired toasting has been attained.
- Make sure to check that the cheese is evenly melted through.