Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This one is from Real Simple and uses fresh ingredients.
- 3⁄4 lb green beans, trimmed
- 3⁄4 lb yellow wax bean, trimmed
- 1 1⁄2 cups frozen baby lima beans, thawed
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 2 small red onions, thinly sliced into rings
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- Steam the green, wax, and lima beans 10 minutes, or just until crisp-tender. Plunge into cold water and drain.
- Place in a bowl with chickpeas and onions. Whisk together the oil, vinegar, and mustard, and add salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
- Drizzle over the beans and onions and toss to coat. Salad can be served at room temperature or chilled.