Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
Another great recipe from Razzle Dazzle Recipes and a great recipe from Foster's in North Carolina
Make and share this Foster's Southwest Pasta recipe from Food.com.
- 3⁄4 cup roasted red pepper (see Notes)
- 1 tablespoon chicken base (see Notes)
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup tomato paste
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons blackening seasoning
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 cup grated parmesan cheese, plus more for garnish
- 3 cups heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch dissolved in 1/4 cup water
- 1 lb penne pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 lb cooked chicken breast, sliced
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 1⁄4 lb fresh snow pea
- diced tomato (optional)
- chopped parsley (optional)
- In a food processor, combine peppers, chicken base, olive oil, tomato paste, garlic, blackening seasoning, sugar, salt and 1/4 cup Parmesan, and process until smooth. Transfer to a large mixing bowl. Slowly add cream, whisking until thoroughly incorporated. Add cornstarch mixture, and whisk to combine. (Sauce may be made in advance and stored, refrigerated, up to 48 hours.).
- Boil pasta according to package directions, checking a couple minutes before the recommended cooking time for doneness. While pasta is cooking, heat butter in a saute pan over medium-high heat until it foams, then add chicken, scallions and snow peas. Saute 1 to 2 minutes, just until items are warmed through. Add sauce and cook, stirring, until sauce thickens. Toss with cooked, drained pasta. Garnish with diced tomato, parsley and Parmesan.