Prep 10 mins
Cook 2 hrs 30 mins
When I was 10 I asked my sitter for this recipe because her house smelled SO good while it was in the oven. I still make it for the same reason today. This is different from the other Forgotten Chicken recipes already submitted. I sometimes use boneless skinless chicken and I LOVE the 2 different cooking options!
- 1 (3 lb) chicken, cut up
- 1⁄2 envelope onion soup mix
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 package regular cook uncle bens long grain and wild rice blend
- 2 3⁄4 cups water
- Place rice in roasting pan.
- Put chicken on top.
- Sprinkle with onion soup mix.
- Spoon cream of chicken soup over chicken and rice.
- Pour the water over ingredients in roaster.
- Sprinkle herbs from rice over the ingredients in roaster.
- Do not open or stir till cooking time is over.
- Bake at 325 degrees for 2- 2 1/2 hours OR Bake at 200 degrees for 4 hours.
Terrific! Next time I would spray the pan as quite a bit of rice stuck to the pan. Might also mix up the soup with a touch of milk just to make it creamier and more pourable (perhaps Cambell's is creamy enough since I use the cheap stuff).
Michelle......Great, simple, super aroma, and best of all tastes wonderful. Thanks for this recipe, will be making this alot!
I threw this in the oven,left BF in charge and ran out for my nail appt. When I got back the house smelled so good I could hardly wait the last 15 mins. Wonderful easy dish. Made exactly as stated (with boneless,skinless breasts).Served with broccoli and rolls. Great quick meal !