Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
Carrots were my favorite vegetable when I was very young. I used to like them mashed with butter. Here's another way that kids enjoy and can participate in making.
- Slice the carrots.
- Combine all ingredients in a saucepan.
- Cover and cook on medium low heat for about 30 minutes, until the carrots are tender.
- Stir once in a while.
- For the microwave:.
- Use only 1 tablespoon water.
- Put everything but the salt in a microwave safe bowl.
- Cover lightly and microwave on high 6-7 minutes, until carrots are almost tender.
- Make sure to stop the microwave and stir it a few times!
- Stir in salt when carrots are done.
This is a great receipe and I happened to make it last night. I don't add the salt but my 7yr old dd loves her carrots this way.
I used six huge carrots and cut them in one inch slices and doubled the ingredients!. They were very good. I sampled before I put in the frig to cool. I will serve them with salmon patties and buttered noodles. I used the stovetop on low heat and all the sauce went into the carrots. Yummm.
The simplicity of this recipe makes it wonderful. Nice, sweet carrots without too much butter. I especially like that it's a one-pot-no-drain recipe. I used petite baby carrots for this (my kids' favorite). Thanx for posting this; I'll make our carrots like this often.