1/1 Photo of For Kids: Bugs' Company Carrots
Carrots were my favorite vegetable when I was very young. I used to like them mashed with butter. Here's another way that kids enjoy and can participate in making.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Slice the carrots.
- 2Combine all ingredients in a saucepan.
- 3Cover and cook on medium low heat for about 30 minutes, until the carrots are tender.
- 4Stir once in a while.
- 5For the microwave:.
- 6Use only 1 tablespoon water.
- 7Put everything but the salt in a microwave safe bowl.
- 8Cover lightly and microwave on high 6-7 minutes, until carrots are almost tender.
- 9Make sure to stop the microwave and stir it a few times!
- 10Stir in salt when carrots are done.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for For Kids: Bugs' Company Carrots
Serving Size: 1 (65 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 60.1
- Calories from Fat 26
- Total Fat 2.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 91.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 6.3 g
- Protein 0.4 g