Recipe by Charishma_Ramchandani
This is from the book Delicious Diabetic low cal recipes by Tarla Dalal. What I like most about this recipe is that it makes use of the peel of karela which most of the people discard. Wash and chop the peel into small pieces before adding it to the dough. Enjoy this recipe and use the karelas to make karela kadhi(bittergourd curry)!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1⁄4 cup black millet flour (bajra)
- grated garlic
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 tablespoon chopped coriander leaves
- 2 teaspoons oil, to brush the theplas
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine everything except oil and knead into a firm dough using enough water.
- Divide the dough into 10 equal parts.
- Roll out each portion into a circle of approximately 5 inch diameter.
- Cook each thepla on a non-stick pan till both sides are golden brown.
- Brush each thepla with a little oil.
- Serve hot.