Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
There are a lot of chicken chili recipes on Zaar but this one is a little different and worthy of posting.
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped onions
- 3 cloves garlic, mashed
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 2 envelopes lipton golden onion soup mix
- 2 tablespoons masa harina
- 2 cups water
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (12 ounce) can beer
- 3 cups diced or shredded cooked chicken
- 1 (16 ounce) can pinto beans, rinsed and drained
- shredded cheddar cheese
- sour cream
- chopped fresh cilantro
- tortilla chips
- In a large pot, heat the oil over medium heat; add in the next 7 ingredients.
- Cook and stir constantly (make sure the spices don't burn) for 4 minutes.
- Add in the water, tomato sauce, and beer; bring to a boil.
- Lower the heat to medium-low; add in the chicken and beans.
- Cook uncovered, for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until the chili is thick.
- To serve: place tortilla chips into individual serving bowls and ladle chili on top OR ladle chili into individual serving bowls and serve tortilla chips on the side; top with shredded cheese, sour cream, and chopped cilantro if desired.