Recipe by Darlene Summers
Fast and easy and good. I got this recipe from my food processor recipe book about 20 years ago. It's real good and faster than the dough setting on my bread machine (although I also love my bread machine).
- 1 cup lukewarm water (105-115 degrees)
- 1 (1/4 ounce) package active dry yeast
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine water, sugar and yeast in a small bowl and set aside.
- Using steel blade, place flour and salt in bowl of food processor. Pour in yeast mixture through chute; process till dough forms ball.
- Break dough apart and reprocess 2 or 3 times.
- Place dough in BUTTERED bowl; turn dough in bowl to butter all sides.
- Cover and let rise about 1 hour, till doubled in size.
- Punch down, shape into loaf and place in greased loaf pan.
- Let rise till doubled (about 45 minutes).
- Bake in preheated oven (450°) 25 to 30 minutes or till golden brown.