Food Processor French Bread
photo by NorthwestGal
- Ready In:
- Grease baguette pans for two loaves or cookie sheet if making rolls.
- Combine 1/2 cup cup water,1 1/2 Tbls yeast,1 teaspoon sugar;in food processor bowl, let sit 5 minutes to proof.
- Add 3 1/4 cups flour, 1 1/2 tsp salt, 1 teaspoon sugar, process for 30 secs.
- Slowly add 1 cup of water with the processor running, once dough comes together process mix for 1 minute.
- Check dough, it will be slightly moist and sticky, add extra flour if needed and process for 30 seconds.
- For loaves, divide dough in half and shape into 2- 11"-12" loaves( I usually hold it and squeeze gently starting in the middle and working towards the ends, letting it hang from my hands). Place on pan, and cut or snip 4 diagonal slashes into top of the loaf.
- For rolls pinch off dough and form 24 balls place on cookie sheet. Snip a small slash into the top of each roll.
- Set loaves or rolls in a warm spot to rise, rise for 40 - 60 minurtes for loaves, 30- 40 minutes for rolls, depending how warm your room is.
- As soon as you set you bread to rise, Preheat oven to 450 degrees, after 20 minutes place a shallow pan of warm water on the lower rack of you oven.
- Bake for 10 minutes, lower temperature to 400 degrees bake 15 minutes more, check rolls at 10 minutes.
- With the oven I have now, I have to remove the loaves from the pan turn them over and bake for 5 minutes more to get the bottom crusty, you may have to also.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Mine didn`t turn out that well, it kept collapsing while it rose and again while it baked. Is the 1 1/2 TBSP of yeast correct, that seems like an awful lot,I thought maybe you meant tsp. but I noticed none of the other reviewers mentioned it so I went ahead with TBSP. I have the baguette pans also. We still enjoyed it though.