1 hr 35 mins
Jubal Harshaw's Note:
A dish from Everyday Italian on the Food Network.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 9 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 1/4 teaspoons fresh ground black pepper
- 1 lb white mushroom, sliced
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leave, chopped
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 cups whole milk, room temperature
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, room temperature
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 12 ounces linguine
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup fresh Italian parsley, chopped
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs, dried
- 1Preheat the oven to 450°F.
- 2Spread 1 tablespoon of butter over a 13 by 9 by 2-inch baking dish.
- 3Melt 1 tablespoon each of butter and oil in a deep large nonstick frying pan over medium-high heat.
- 4Sprinkle the chicken with 1/2 teaspoon each of salt and pepper.
- 5Add the chicken to the hot pan and cook until pale golden and just cooked through, about 4 minutes per side.
- 6Transfer the chicken to a plate to cool slightly.
- 7Coarsely shred the chicken into bite-size pieces and into a large bowl.
- 8Meanwhile, add 1 tablespoon each of butter and oil to the same pan.
- 9Add the mushrooms and saute over medium-high heat until the liquid from the mushrooms evaporates and the mushrooms become pale golden, about 12 minutes.
- 10Add the onion, garlic, and thyme, and saute until the onion is translucent, about 8 minutes.
- 11Add the wine and simmer until it evaporates, about 2 minutes.
- 12Transfer the mushroom mixture to the bowl with the chicken.
- 13Melt 3 more tablespoons butter in the same pan over medium-low heat.
- 14Add the flour and whisk for 2 minutes.
- 15Whisk in the milk, cream, broth, nutmeg, remaining 1 3/4 teaspoons salt, and remaining 3/4 teaspoon pepper.
- 16Increase the heat to high.
- 17Cover and bring to a boil.
- 18Simmer, uncovered, until the sauce thickens slightly, whisking often, about 10 minutes.
- 19Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- 20Add the linguine and cook until it is tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 9 minutes. Drain.
- 21Add the linguine, sauce, peas, and parsley to the chicken mixture.
- 22Toss until the sauce coats the pasta and the mixture is well blended.
- 23Transfer the pasta mixture to the prepared baking dish.
- 24Stir the cheese and breadcrumbs in a small bowl to blend.
- 25Sprinkle the cheese mixture over the pasta. Dot with the remaining 3 tablespoons of butter.
- 26Bake, uncovered, until golden brown on top and the sauce bubbles, about 25 minutes.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Food Network's Chicken Tetrazzini
Serving Size: 1 (433 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 914.6
- Calories from Fat 453
- Total Fat 50.4 g
- Saturated Fat 27.4 g
- Cholesterol 181.4 mg
- Sodium 1697.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 70.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.5 g
- Sugars 14.0 g
- Protein 42.7 g